Monday, October 17, 2005

Crushes, butterflies, and all things sound

You know that funny feeling you get in your stomach when someone you have a made crush on looks at you, or talks to you. It's that same feeling you get when you read something they wrote, or smell something that reminds them of you. The feeling that your stomach is floating on marshmallows and your face gets all tingly, you can't help but smile, and your heart begins to race a little.

I got that feeling just now, but suprisingly there was no boy involved. The tingles came as I was putting the finishing touches on my club talk for this evening. I was sitting there writting, and I thought about my kids faces, all bright-eyed and naive, starring back at me begging for some shred of knowledge about Jesus. Then my heart started to race and I realized I was excited to give me talk tonight. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with public speaking, but it doesn't usually make my heart race with joy or excitment.

Blessed be your name, when I'm found in the desert place, though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be your name.

Blessed be your name, when the suns shining down on me, and the worlds all as it should be, blessed be your name.

2 comments:

W. Ashley said...

Hmm I like it! Nice blog! Sounds like you're doing what you love!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing.