Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So what

Sometimes I get lonely. It's odd really, that this would occur in my life, but it's true. It has taken me 25 years to admit to the fact that, on ocassion, I get that feeling in my stomach. The one that feels like I just jumped out a plane and am falling 10,000 feet to my death. Not to be dramatic or anything.

I'm flying home in a few days for my Mom's 50th birthday. Going home reminds me of how weird my family is. Trust me. They take the cake. But I realized something this week that has changed my life. They're mine-no one elses. My family. I have the privilage of having a very...off-kilter family. So what if my Mom rented trailers for her friends and family to stay on while they're in town for the party. So what if my stepdad works at the swap meet on his free time. So what if my grandparents will get a little too excited about the open bar, will then proceed to get tipsy an hour into the party and begin spilling family secrets to us all as loudly as possible. So what. They're my family, and I love them. I love them for every weird thing they do. I wouldn't trade them for any other family. They keep my life interesting.

No comments: