Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Oh Jack

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

This is how my heart feels right now. Jack always knows best. Why is it that every time I'm at a loss for words, Jack knows? He says it so clearly, so simply, yet with such grace. He's a genius really. I wish I could have met him. I'm sure he was a lovely man.

Hard conversations this past month have lead to a relieve of my soul. I'm pruning, and as painful as it is, it's necessary for my sanity. God is bringing confrontation into my life...forcing me to have conversations I never thought I'd have. He is giving me the strength to say what's really on my heart.

The one conversation I still can't have...is the one my heart desires most. Pursue me, it says. At the top of it's incapable little existence it's crying out...PURSUE. Only time will tell...

No comments: