Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The older I get the more I discover

A little girl called me a grown up today. The early mornig sun was shining over the cool concrete steps leading to the church, and as I walked I saw a figure in teh distance walking toward me. A little girl was perched atop her daddy's shoulders, smiling and playing with his sandy brown hair. Her blonde ringlets reflected the bright sun so vividly, and it reminded me of when I was a little girl with blonde ringlets perched atop my daddy's strong, capable shoulders. "Look daddy," she said, "I'm even taller than grown-ups." She smiled and pointed at me as I walked past. I winked back at her before I jumped the first two steps and went on to the third. "I'm a grown-up," I thought, "Wow. When did that happen?"

Song of the week: Anything by Mae

Love. It's a wave I ride that won't ever reach the shore. Overwhelmed by the tide and wanting nothing more tonight, than to take this time and make it all mine.

It's coming around again...

Every now and again sometimes I get lost on the wind of a dream. The air gets clean and the seas get wide and I can do anything. The pain it won't even cross my mind, there is wonder in everything. The rope gets loose and the chains unbind and I can do anything.

Hope. It's the light that strikes that burns inside of me. It's a blinding light but somehow I can see again when I've lost my way. It's becoming very clear.

Somewhere between the darkness and the light my spirit takes flight. The colors fill the sky and I am free.

Maybe the greatest thing I've discovered in my 24 years of life is to see the beauty in everything. It's always in there somewhere, even if you have to dig from time to time.

No comments: