Sunday, June 12, 2005

R.I.P.

Mr. Fish died today. I got home and his head was hidden in the pebbles at the bottom of his tank, like he couldn't bare to live anymore so he just put his head down and gave up. It was all I had not to cry when I saw his lifeless eyes peering out from the sides of his once spunky body. His fins were motionless when I tapped on the tank to greet him. His color, once brilliant red, now faded to a dull pink.

I sang him a hymn before I flushed him down the toilet. Time of death, sometime between 5:30 and 8:43, when I found him limp and cowering between his pebbles. The worst part was Catherine wasn't here. I had to email her the news, which strikes me as odd and impersonal. I wish there was a better way, but she had to know.

I'm mourning alone. Rest in Peace dear sweet Mr. Fish. You will be missed.

No comments: