Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Day 41

Day 41 without instant messaging.

I'm not going to lie. I miss it more when people don't return phone calls. I've discovered that's a huge pet peeve of mine. I made the effort to pick up the phone and call you, please have the common courtesy to call me back. It's not hard. I'm a nice person, you're a nice person (or I wouldn't really want to be friends with you). Let's make magic.

A moment of self-discovery for you. Reading through the book of Romans for the second time in my life, I've found that God wants us to enjoy Him-His good works, His love, the way He moves in our lives. Christ died not only so that we may be forgiven, but that we could be freed from ourselves. We get in our own way. Christ makes it possible to have the life we never knew we were missing.

God has a funny way of bringing encouragement into our lives at very unexpected moments. Hillary and I were doing the bridal parties hair for Ani's wedding, and as I was picking the next song to play on the ipod, she said to me, "Launa, I love the way you love Jesus. You love Him without having to say anything." Those words touched my heart. It was what I needed to hear that day. Sometimes I feel like I don't love Him enough, or that I'm not doing a good job of expressing how much I love Him.

As Paul says in Romans, pray for me. Pray for the girls God has brought into my life. Pray for significant conversation. Pray that I (and we) may enjoy God in all His wonder and majesty.

I love you, I love your family.

No comments: