Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Never...

I've never been asked out on a date. I'm 25, and I've never been asked out on an official I'll pick you up at 7, wear something nice, it's a surprise where we're going kind of date. How have I lived this long and settled for anything less? When did relationships get so complicated? When did the term "hanging out" suddenly become code for "we're interested"? I "hang out" with people all the time, but that doesn't mean I want to kiss them...most of the time anyway.

Now, I know asking a girl out is scary sometimes, but how else are we supposed to know you like us? Are we to suppose that every nice thing you do indicates interest? Are we really going to take a trip down memory lane and expect you to pull hair and throw rocks at us like the snot nosed, plaid shorts clad 10-year-old kid in my 4th grade class? Here's a revelation, it didn't work then and it doesn't work now. Try something new. Grow some jo-jo's. Just because you ask a girl on a date does not mean you're going to get married and have 10 kids. You'd be surprised how ladies will respond if you act your age and just ask her out already.

1 comment:

Procrastinate Now! said...

You've never been asked out before?!? You must be lying! Either that or boys are really dumb. Whichever the case, something must be done to someone, somewhere soooooooooooooon!