Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Roof conversations

As I sat on the roof talking with my dear friend, I thought to myself, "I'm really going to miss this place." My heart was heavy for a brief moment. I would miss this city. It has been so good to me. Like a warm blanket on a cold night or a mothers hug after you fall and scrap your knee. It had comforted me, shielded me, and stolen my heart.

I finally took my own advice. I leaped. I told Laura once that God can't move a stalled car. He can, however, direct it once it's in motion. It's in motion. Now what?

3 comments:

...they call me "L" said...

Peace! Have you ever met anyone who has the exact same name as you, spelled the exact same way? Well, here's one! I was just googling my name to see what random stuff is out there about me and I found you! Have a great day...

Anonymous said...

When I was a wee girl in the Village, I used to spend hours on the roof. It was where I did my best thinking...hung out with my sisters...ate pizza for my birthday.

I'm glad you are blogging again. And I'm glad that you are letting God direct your motion. He'll let you know if you're headed down the path he picked for you.

Launa said...

I heart you Jenn!!!